----------
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 14:45:53 -0700
From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>

I like my electric OD. Works great. Most people who even know of them all
say to disconnect/jumper out the governor so it'll work in all gears, but
I'm very happy with mine. Kicks out of OD instantly with a push of the
button, and 1st-OD doesn't sound too useful to me.

The governor is set to engage at 28mph, which is about 1 - 2 mph above lazy
shift-to-3rd, so it's 1, 2, 3 upshift normal, let off, 3rd-OD. On those rare
times I am pulling faster, and shift 2 to 3 above the OD cut-in speed, I
just hold the button in, it's right under my hand (Twin Stick).

My Classic wagon had the regular OD with the under-dash cable and the
throttle kickdown switch. If I recall it was somewhat of a pain to adjust
that switch right. Unfortunately the switch is a double-pole funny switch so
it would not be completely trivial to add a second dash mounted kickdown
switch. The Twin Stick gets different wiring that allows for a single
short-to-ground to do the kickdown function. It takes an additional or
different relay I think. Might not be worth the effort to adapt.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts