[AMC-list] Door Panel Clips

I spent much of the afternoon rebuiiding the passenger side door panel on my 65 American after getting the door locks in yesterday.  I had a spare hardboard backing from a Classic I had previously parted out.  I found that the new style "sheet metal" door panel clips are a bad idea and are difficult to reuse. They aren't long enough for you to easily position them over the holes in the door so that you can be sure you have them lined up.  Also, if a clip is misaligned it "spreads" making it impossible to install.  AMC must have had a jig in at the Kenosha plant to use in positioning the clips so they could be properly positioned on the door.  The present clips are going directly into the trash as soon as I get some more of the older wire clips.

I'm working on two cars at once so I replaced one of the wires to the Overdrive solenoid for the 64 Classic too.

Joe Fulton