Re: [AMC-list] clutch disc wanted

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 17:09, Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> this disc should work on a 196 with mopar pp ca1576

Yeah maybe, but as far as I can tell none actually exist that you can
actually buy. The double-drilled flywheels exist, but none of mine are. I'm
stuck with 8" clutches. I do have one larger pattern (9"?), not
double-drilled, and damn sure I'd mock up with an early 6 bell to make sure
it actually had clearance before I bought parts.

I'm really not worried about the 8" clutch, even when I get around to
turboing it. I'm not ever gonna drag race, where I will have full power
applied to a disc less than fully engaged. I engage the clutch (foot off)
then apply power. I don't know what power level would force slipping of a
fully engaged clutch, but with good parts and stiction it's gotta be more
than the likely 160 - 175hp I'll ever have out of a turbo'd 195.6.

The early american clutch is the same part as a Volvo P1800. T.O. bearing is
different I think, but those are easy to find, for now anyways.