[AMC-list] rambler mentality

I have a nos 1965 American hood ornament that I had put on fee bay to see what would happen but no sale and a whole lot of rambler mentality. We are going to loose big if we keep up with this train of thought just my thought any comments
a response from an ebay member wanting my emblem for less then 100 plus wanted free shipping
Barret Jackson gets $250K for a 69
Z/28 Camaro. That doesn’t mean they are all worth that. It simply means there
are fools out there who have too much money, thus they don’t know the true
market value of an item. I saw Jims knock off emblem. It is very nice, however
it is too thick, thus it doesnt look stock. My "New in the box"
comment was referring to the NOS 65 American grill that sold last week for
$103.00. I was not referring to your emblem. After you destroy your emblem be
sure to send out a worldwide e-mail so all the other guys on the planet who
have NOS emblems will know that the value of their emblem has increased.

Good luck,

Skull

- skullcrackincrewa response from my friend who made and will no longer make emblems a great fellow amc guy

Hey Don

Who's this "Skull" guy?  And what the hell is he talking
about?  He's probably one of the jackasses who gave you crap about the
price of your NOS '65 ornament you had listed right?  To hell with him for
thinking he's the expert on value and quality.  I've never claimed my
emblems were exact reproductions of the originals.  Yeah, maybe mine are
too thick but by how much, 10 maybe 20 THOUSANDTHS of an inch?  And by the
way, this "Skull" might be interested to know that I've had several
of my reproduction emblems in the past sell for OVER a hundred bucks on eBay.
Granted, That was a couple years ago, but if an aluminum repro can sell for
over a hundred, then I think 300 bucks for a NOS one isn't that
unrealistic.

Anyway, I've actually completely sold out of my '64 and my '65
"style" emblems, (still have a few 66-68 and 69 ones) and I'm not
making any again.  Too many critics like this "Skull" guy.
I had one guy buy an emblem and then ask to return it because it wasn't an NOS
emblem.  What the hell is that???? I think I make it pretty clear that
mine are not NOS emblems but rather aluminum reproductions. To make certain
that I'm never tempted to make more of the emblems I destroyed the fixturing
that I used to machine them.  That way, I don't ever get the thought of
maybe making some more.  I'm done with them for good.

Sorry to see that the 770H didn't hit your reserve.  Someone out there is
going to see it and want it badly.  There just aren't many of those twin
sticks out there.  One of these days I'll own one again.

Best of luck with everything.  Later!

Jim
Don Holzer64 990 H65 770 H66 990 DPL64 660 Sedan73 AMX