Re: [AMC-list] Transmission Tech

Well said!

-----Original Message-----
From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:36:01
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Transmission Tech

I have a friend with a CJ, 258, 2.87 axles, huge tires, he can get the front
end bouncing until it pulls the wheels off, it's got a T-5. He beat the
TURDS out of it. ROFL
and it keeps coming back for more.

I wonder if only having a 1/2 pint of lube in your T-5 may have led to it's
demise.
The T-5 I have (world class from a Mustang) holds two quarts. I put
synthetic auto trans lube in per Hanlon Motorsports.
I can't believe the T-5 in your CJ only holds 2 pints?? There can't be that
much difference in capacity between having a tail housing and not.

Kind of like condemning all Ramblers because the one you drove for 125,000
miles and never changed the oil finally blew up so it's a turd too. Doesn't
make sense to condemn something you didn't take care of properly.

I don't recommend beating on any T-5 unless it's one of those highly
modified versions that can take the abuse, but then again people do it all
the time and they seem to hold up, considering what gets done to them.

Armand