Re: [AMC-list] It Was Sad Day Yesterday

I never gave much thought to SSI or SSDI until my wife became unable
to work. I don't know how people can get by on SSDI. I guess SSI is
similar. Anyway, what she gets from SSDI isn't even a quarter of what
she earned. Not a complaint - as we are very grateful she gets what
she does - but I made sure to let my kids know they need to purchase
additional disability insurance, and I made sure I had disability
insurance through work. I hate to even think of getting by on SSI. I
know I wouldn't be able to on SSDI.

Sorry to steal your thread and go off on a tangent. It had to be hard
selling your model collection. Hope the Matador is coming along
nicely! And hope your wife can find work.

And anyone reading this - you are far more likely to need disability
insurance than life insurance. If you don't have it through work -
give some thought to it. What you get for SSDI might pay for a one
room apartment in a cheaper section of town - but won't cover
utilities or food if you chose to live indoors. Sorry to get off
topic, but it was a real eye-opener for me.