[AMC-list] That other hobby - pics of the '66 Apache Eagle

[AMC-list] That other hobby - pics of the '66 Apache Eagle

A long time back I had posted about picking up a '66 Apache Eagle to
go camping in - and hopefully get the '65 Rambler in good enough shape
to pull it. Well, I've got a ways to go on the Rambler, but did take
the Apache out last weekend. It was my youngest son's first camping
trip since we stopped doing Boy Scouts, and since he had his back
surgery. Anyway, I picked up the popup last November, but sidetracked
it until my son was in better health.

Here's picks of last weekend, for you folks that like vintage camping
- yep, even with cooking over a campfire and using a dutch oven:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=bruce.griffis&target=ALBUM&id=5388840420978514945&authkey=Gv1sRgCMqM1afapbnLYA&feat=email

The first two pictures show kind of a sag in the canvas. I didn't have
the central support all the way up yet - and I simply didn't take more
pictures of the camper after popping the support all the way up. And a
great time was had by all.