Re: [AMC-list] Adding TBI fuel injection to a...

Re: [AMC-list] Adding TBI fuel injection to a...

> " Don't hold your breath for a YF style carb mount!

Who said that! :-)

I'm using RockAuto as a guide, because they have a lot of parts photos. No
photos of throttle bodies, but they do have gasket photos -- which are a
great first-pass guide.

Check out Standard Motor FJG103! 1986 FORD TEMPO GL 2.3L 140cid L4 TBI. I
always called that car the "Tepid" but it was a solid good selling car.

Likely is not the same size and spacing, but adapting a similar shape is
easy, and it's a good thing to go look for or ask at a friendly auto parts
store. And there were a lot of Tempos!

> didn't the amc/jeep 4 first come out with a yf before going to renix
> tbi, then mpi?  maybe the tbi still used the carb intake.

Nice guess, but alas, a 4-stud mount. Info courtesy RockAuto again.

a year or two ago, i turned up a ford tbi used on their mid-'80s
> pushrod 4 derived from the 144/170/200/250 falcon six, which used the
> same intake gasket as the holley 1900-series carb it replaced.  now
> at least on amcs 1bbl holleys and carters are interchangeable...
> i posted some details on the ford cars and years at the time.

I recall that, couldn't find the email, saved it at the time, lost that too
:-) I think though it might be the Tempo above?