Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 22:53:27 -0400
From: "Chris Peters" <cpeters1@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Water Pump Recommendations
Well my pump on my 70 304 Javelin is leaking.  And just after I changed the
fluid and put in a new highflow thermostat.  The engine is barely broken in
so I am afraid it might be running a tad on the hot side.  I also switched
to an AMC 727 Trans from a 73 donor car.  So I wanted to get an upgraded
water pump and thought an aluminum body would look nice.  I also have an
Edelbrock intake, carb and aircleaner.  So, I could go with the Edelbrock
8831 which is high flow but kinda pricey.  I saw another make that was
aluminum, higher flow at idle and mid speed but stock flow at cruise.
However, I think it was only available for the 73 and up.  Anyone know of
anything that will work on the 70 V8.  It is mildly upgraded, still very
streetable.  I am a bit worried the Edelbrock might be too much, moving the
coolant too fast.  Any comments/recommendations would  be appreciated.

Chris Peters