Re: [AMC-list] Crank flange of 290 vs 4.0 vs 304

A: I have a 360 flywheel I can re-balance for the 304 (debating rebuilding the motor before installing, which means I would zero balance it, but I need winter wheels ASAP! The weather is going south VERY soon!) I like the redux drive starter upgrade too.
   I don't have a flywheel for the 290, but Someone (thank you) mentioned the crank adapter bushing with the alignment sleeve for that motor, so I can go that way with it. (Isabelle had an emergency call from her dad, so she's going to visit in FL and won't be able to play with her Rebel for a few weeks yet)
   My Spirit will be back on the road by next week (working on it this thursday till it's complete enough to drive) Wednesday will be busy with emptying the storage truck of as much as I can (hope to take the '71 Loadstar 1800 5 ton flatbed to the boneyard before scrap prices fall or snow flies, whichever is first) I have 2 Jtrucks to part as well, so I'm going to be a busy camper!
   Oh yeah, and for Cdn thanksgiving (next sunday), I'll be playing Lumberjack with the last of the dangerous trees at my cabin.

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Crank flange of 290 vs 4.0 vs 304

Everything I've heard indicates that the six cylinder crank flange is the same as the late V-8. You don't have a 290/304 flywheel? Not reason you can't use one of those with an AX-15.

---------
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 16:18:14 -0700
From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm looking to put an AX 15 in my 82 Honcho and Isabelle's Rebel. Anything special needed to swap a 4.0 flywheel to the 290 and 304 other than rebalance?

--
Frank Swygert