Re: [AMC-list] Fw: Template Needed

Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx> said:

>IIRC none of the 79+ spoilers have a key hole unless you make your own.

I seem to recall some of the later spoilers (81 +??) could be had with a keyhole.  Wasn't particularly practical IMO because the spoiler was just the wrong shape -- the tallest part was directly over the lock escutcheon.

>Some I
>have from the wreckers have a hole knocked in them by the fellows opening the
>hatch without a battery installed.

Yep; seen that also.

>Hope the electrics work well or you could be releasing the hatch from inside.

I have all the electrics.  In fact, I swapped over the entire rear hatch.

What I wanted was the template for the side wings that go on the quarters.  They have a compound curve to go around the top edge of the quarter that makes it difficult to eyeball proper hole drilling.  And the studs are epoxied into the fiberglass quarter wings, removing them would destroy them.  Fortunately, a fender washer inside covers the elongated hole one must make to get it to fit right.  However, with a factory template I could avoid that kind of Rube Goldberg engineering.

They're going on, regardless.  I'd just prefer to drill the holes *once* and have the placement be exact.

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm