Re: [AMC-list] My upgrades/conversions

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 09:27, Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Great list of upgrades! I suggest you get the Scarebird (www.scarebird.com)
> disc brake kit.

I second this! I have not done it -- but the cost and availability of the
AMC 70's Bendix brake parts is such that the Scarebird system is CHEAPER!
ANd parts will be more available.

Bendix rotors are really expensive. My '63 Classic wagon has '79 bendix
discs. It's a wash to replace it all with the scarebird adapters and parts
store parts as to buy new rotors and pads and calipers. Soon, it will be
much cheaper and "better" to use the scarebird system. No way IU will ever
use an AMC bendix system again. It's fine, good quality, etc, but parts are
scarce.

I had a jeep weber kit on my Hornet. Kicked butt!! Easy swap too.

A Howell TBI fuel injection kit fits on your motor -- but be prepared to do
the PROM burning crap. I can give you a PROM image that will be pretty
close, since I have one on my classic. But they all need tuning, and be
prepared to geek out with a laptop in your car. The Weber is easier!

The Weber system you'll have to use a "late model" throttle cable system,
you'll have to adapt it to the 64 throttle.