Re: [AMC-list] BW O/D?

Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>" Is there an O/D that would bolt up to the M11 I have? (from the '75 Postal Jeep)

Gear Vendors sells one for the FMX.  The Ford-O-Matic, FMX, and one other Ford trans were similar to the AMC M-11/12, so you might call them and ask if their unit would work.  I'm sure they'd be happy to make one custom-fit for you, if not.

Too bad they start at close to $3,000.

I seem to recall a discussion about brand-x overdrives that could be scrounged from junkyards and adapted.  I'll try to find it.

-- Marc