Re: [AMC-list] Possible 68 TSM Error... need someone to verify!

Re: [AMC-list] Possible 68 TSM Error... need someone to verify!

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" I bet Marc Montoni can answer this without blinking, him being our
" resident late 60s Ambassador expert...
"
" The 1968 Rebel and Ambassador have the same dash gauge cluster, correct?
" The 68 TSM instrument panel section only shows American, Javelin/AMX,
" and Rebel dash panels, no mention of Ambassador in the illustrations.
" That's an error, I think, but minor.  I'm pretty sure the Rebel panel
" should be labeled "and Ambassador", but there's a good chance I'm wrong.

fwiw '67 tsm pp 25-1 has only 1 interior pic of a dashboard, but it
matches the 'rebel' pic in the '68 pp 21-1.

" The 69 TSM shows the Ambo panel and it has two round instruments similar
" to the Javelin -- the 68 may be the same way. 69 also says "Rebel
" similar", meaning the rectangular instrument panel went away after 68 in
" the Rebel??

i vaguely recall that my marlin had round gauges like the '68 javelin.
it's been quite a long time since i sat behind its wheel...	;^<
i also recall that rebels and ambos shared the same 'shoebox' radio
but mounted it oppositely, requring different faceplates.

" In the electrical section, page 4-30, the instrument clusters are
" mislabeled. The top one is correctly labeled "American", the center
" correctly labeled "Rebel", but the bottom one is labeled "Javelin and
" Ambassador". So either I'm wrong about the error in the first paragraph
" and the Rebel and Ambassador instrument panels are indeed different, or
" the clusters on page 4-30 are mislabeled. I've a suspicion that the
" labeling is correct and my assumption that the Rebel and Ambassador
" instrument panels are similar is indeed wrong.

the '67 tsm also shows the rebel and ambo clusters as different - and
the pics match the '68 tsm.  coincidentally it's also pp 4-30.