Re: [AMC-list] PurplePacer Vote

>Richard Estermyer said:
>Since there was a "problem" w/1300 votes, I find it difficult to understand
>how voting in this manner could be tarnished.  I did not originally vote
due
>to haveing to sign up for another website.  Now that my vote was needed,
>I did it!  After reading about this EXTRA COOL Pacer, I'm glad I did.  She
>deserves to be there!!!  Congrats on a fantasitc job!

I also wasn't going to vote because of having to sign up for another site,
but relented once I saw just how nice the Pacer was.  My thoughts though
were that they said you could only vote once, but it appeared that you could
actually enter more than one vote which I think indicates a poorly designed
Web site.

So what would stop me from going in to all the competitor's pages and
casting multiple votes for them so that they too get votes thrown out?  I
can't imagine that 1,300 people voted twice for her, or even that one person
voted 1,300 times.  It just doesn't make any sense, and as you have to
register in order to vote their system should only allow one vote per
registration which would be a very easy check to put in.  A pop-up saying
"Hey, you've already voted." would be along with a simple check would be all
it would take to avoid these problems.

So, I'm off to vote 1,300 times for each of the other competitors to level
the playing field...  <chuckle>

Sheldon