Re: [AMC-list] shipping a door

I have shipped a number of doors.  I usually use Greyhound package express.  From California to anywhere east of the Mississippi River it usually costs around $60.  I usually wrap them with a layer of cardboard fastened with strapping tape (generous quanitities).   Greyound won't take anything a driver can't handle by himself so I've never shipped one on a pallet.   You could also ship it via UPS or UPS freight the same way.  Call them for packing instructions.   The disadvantage of Greyhound is that you need to deliver it to the Greyhound terminal and the recipient needs to pick it up at a Greyhound terminal. But they are usually the cheapeast method for heavy items.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA