Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:39:01 -0400
From: Don <don_nsx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: AMC List <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-list] Carpet

Nick,
I hate to say this, but maybe these companies are making these carpets TOO authentic. When I bought my 70 AMX new in the fall of 69, the carpet looked like it was thrown into the car from about 25 feet away. Needless to say the "fit and finish" part of AMC was always suspect. I didn't buy the car for that but I spent a lot of time trying to make the factory carpet fit the car.
The new one I put in during the restoration had all the same problems.
I had never heard that a heat gun could be used to alter the shape and I may give that a go to try to make it fit.
Don