Re: [AMC-list] Ebay intake/exhaust

To elaborate, the flange on the exhaust manifold that bolts to the intake would get in the way. So you have to use the exhaust manifold that goes with the intake or a header.
-------
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:53:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
" " Ok, last question on this ebay item number 170383306216. " " I let the other auction go, so I was think that I could get this
" intake and use my exhaust manifold. (My manifold is from a 64 engine)
" Any reason why I couldn't or shouldn't do that?

won't work.  '64-'79 intakes bolt to the exhaust and use a heat riser
to help vaporize the mixture; '80s intakes are separate.  that's why
the water passage and the electric heater underneath the carb.

you could use a late-'70s 2bbl intake with your exhaust, but you need
both the '80s intake and exhaust together.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts