From: Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:14:08
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Door panels and Crapets

Nick ALFANO <71amx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>I sell?ACC and use it in all of my cars.??I have tried?others and ACC seems to be the best.

Not trying to be obtuse, but I bought an ACC carpet for my 79 Spirit back in the mid-nineties, and it was pretty poor.  Most noticeable was that it was too short in the front - didn't go far enough up the firewall.  There were also numerous areas where it wanted to bunch up over the hump, and other detail errors.

I recently purchased an NOS AMC carpet via ebay.  I'm sure a factory molded carpet will be spot-on, but we'll see.

I also ordered a sewn plush carpet for my 69 Ambassador a few months back.  I got it to lay down in the back okay-ish, but the corners weren't right and the front was a complete mess.  The area over the hump wasn't done right at all.  I hate doing things mail-order.  Sending it back and hassling with the supplier over fit is a pita.

Once I removed the factory carpet, it was apparent that the factory carpet was all sewed to fit (no molding) and they fit very well.  Too bad by the time I got the car they were in tatters.  I think in the future, I'm just going to get flat roll carpeting and use the factory carpet as a template and do my own.

Although, someone mentioned Mac McCoy.  I checked him out http://forramblersonlyparts.blogspot.com/ and his prices are truly reasonable for sewn carpets -- especially if they actually do fit.

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm