Re: [AMC-list] '68 Rebel swap from auto to 4 speed

The trans is BW

From: tomj@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 17:11:01 -0700
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] '68 Rebel swap from auto to 4 speed
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 11:51, Marc Montoni <Freedom@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I would think your column shift is Flash-O-Matic (P-R-N-D2-D1-L) while the floor shift setup is Shift-Command (P-R-N-D-2-1).  Is I recall, if that is the case then yes they would have different levers.

Not just the pattern, but the spacing between detents is wrong and not compatible. I tried this very thing, BW to Torqueflite. Also, park to R is not the same spacing (it's wider) as the other gears on the BW.