Re: [AMC-list] crap, did I ruin my 195.6 ohv?

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 07:58, <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have "cooked" 196's in the past. They held up surprisingly well.

WHat surprised me was how calm and tractable and cool the engine compartment
was, when I had plainly boiled the sucker dry. It just didn't seem hot in
there.

I had the hood open 15 minutes when my friends came by with the jug of
water. By then the choke was closing. I poured water in, and when the water
rose up into the block, WOOSH!!! steam shot out. So something in there was
damned hot 15 minutes later. That can't be good. But it just did not seem
hot in there, and by then of course my brain is in full-alarm mode so if
anything I thought I'd be over sensitive!

Weird little motor.

This is of course 100% my fault, and not a 195.6 issue.

I think I'm gonna just do up another head and eliminate worrying, period.
 I've put 20,000 miles on it (almost exactly) in two years so it wouldn't
hurt to look in the holes to see what they look like.

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.