[AMC-list] crap, did I ruin my 195.6 ohv?

[AMC-list] crap, did I ruin my 195.6 ohv?

I've had a seep from the lower radiator hose for a week, the neck had a
slight dent, so I took the rad out, cleaned everything, put on some gasket
sealer and reassembled. Leak gone. Went fine.
On the way home from dinner just now, dropped off the freeway (had driven 10
miles), end of ramp it stalled (never happened before!) and steam... popped
the hood to peek, nothing visible, looked like a small leak, engine
compartment felt normal hot (waved my hand around, no bad smell, no
crackling, etc). Back in the cab, turned ingition on, temp gauge read hot,
but not pegged.

Only a mile from home, so I started it up (was flooded), ran around the
corner, temp did nor drop so I turned it off, coasted to a long stop.

!!! The damned lower hose had popped off! So it was utterly dry. Now, if it
lost all it's water back at the ramp, it's probably OK, only went 1/4 mile.
But it stalled, so my guess is the carb was so hot it flooded. If the hose
popped off 1, 2, 10... miles back I'm screwed. I simply didn't look at the
temp guage, I usually do, but there was no indication that it was unhappy. I
was doing 50 in OD most of the way.

Friends brought water, put the hose on, a rise of steam when I added cold
water... crap... drove home OK.

No way to know short of disassembly and magnaflux if I cracked anytthing
serious. Tomorrow I'll pull plugs and photo for a snapshot state. Obviously
if wet... crankcase oil is fine, and no bad smell.

Question: Should I retorque it this weekend and hope for the best? Or assume
the worst and take it apart now?

Note to self: temp gauge "pegs" when a good 1/8" from the top mark!!