[AMC-list] '68 Rebel swap from auto to 4 speed

[AMC-list] '68 Rebel swap from auto to 4 speed

Is there anything special I need for this change? I was actually thinking of suggesting a T5 (I already have the bell and a flywheel from a 258, but that might not fit the 290's crank flange?) Isabelle wants to go T10 though. The Borg Auto will get 1 more try (dropping the pan and cleaning the valve body) then it's onto the pile of scrap and the other BW auto I have goes in (rebuilt one from a '76 Postal Jeep) until we find all the items needed to switch to stick.
   The brake booster from the Spirit fit nicely, BUT we had to drop the steering column and redrill the brake pedal so it hooked up (brakes work most excellent now! The check valve in the old booster was clogged so the brakes engaged when the car was started. PO tried to force the car to move and I figure burned out the reverse band in the process.)
   Was there a different lever on the trans for floor shift? It seems like it won't go all the way to park or down to low gear.