Re: [AMC-list] Ebay intake/exhaust

Actually, I have a working points distributor, but was told that if I replaced with an electric ignition, I"d be a lot better off. This isn't true??

 What is a Pertronix module? What's it do/for?

FREE SATELLITE DISH AND INSTALL!!
http://www.bestofdishnetwork.com/

Points distributor... that connector is NOT stock, I don't recall any AMC
distributor having one of those two-wire hermaphrodite connectors on it.
Usually there's one wire to the coil and ground is metal to metal.

Even a rebuild, I would tear it down (easy enough) because even the rebuilds
are old! The grease on the shaft is almost certainly hardened. A gun brush
and solvent and re-lube. Cheap insurance.

Never again will I use a Duraspark ignition -- it's too old. My choice today
is an old points distributor -- they're cheap, no one wants them! -- and a
Pertronix module. Far more reliable, simpler, less crap to bolt into the
car, points-simple wiring (you gotta add one switch 12V source).

The one good thing about later-model (therefore Duraspark) igs is the more
aggressive mechanical advance curve. When you have the distrib apart you
might find that there's two settings available simply by rotating one part
180 degrees! (Designed that way...)

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.