Re: [AMC-list] Reversed Battery Connections! What did I do???

I absolutely hate fusible links. I know why they are there, no problem with that, but what was wrong with a big fuse? I had to replace one of mine recently, and that's what it got -- a 30A fuse and holder. All the new cars use a fuse -- 30-40A -- in the relay/power/fuse center under the hood. I wasn't sure 30A was enough, but it hasn't blown, so I guess so! I hope you're in luck and the link blew before the ECU, but at least it's an inexpensive GM ECU. If you don't have any documentation of the conversion let me know and I'll look up the issue of AIM it was in and send you a copy to go with the car.
----------
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:54:01 -0400
From: Nicholas McIntosh <n.m@xxxxxxxxxxx>

thanks Frank. i haven't had much time to mess with it today, but i checked the fusible links and it looks like maybe only one is burned up. i'll replace it tomorrow and see what happens. the solenoid does not click, it cranks the motor. but the check engine light doesn't light, so the ecu isn't working. hopefully (fingers crossed) i'll fix the fusible link, and it'll all be fine.
thanks again everyone.  i'll keep you posted.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts