Re: [AMC-list] Fwd: auto trans question

i have had people (clueless about rambler/amc stuff) ARGUE with me about how
ramblers always came with power glide 2 speeds because you either had d1 or
d2. and will NOT listen to me try to explain what was behind the d1 and d2. i
always thought d1 was drive, but started in 1st gear, and d2 was drive,
started in 2nd gear. maybe for less power to the wheels for low traction
condisions like maybe snow/ice?? thats what i thought. maybe im wrong maybe
it is for something else??
dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules