Re: [AMC-list] engine setback in a Matador

Re: [AMC-list] engine setback in a Matador

" From: John K Gallagher <johnkgallagher@xxxxxxxxx>
"
"
"
" thinking of using the ambo crossmember?  all the extra wheelbase is
" fwd of the firewall; the ambo crossmember moves the wheels fwd without
" moving the engine - or, sets the engine back relative to the wheels.
" from '67 to '74 the ambo wheelbase was 4" longer than the reb/mat.
" ________________________________________________________________________
" Andrew Hay                                  the genius nature
" internet rambler                            is to see what all have seen
" adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                       and think what none thought
"
" Andrew:
" rebel 67-70 WB=114"
" Ambo 67-68 WB=118"
" Ambo 69-74 WB=122"
" Matador 71-78 WB=118"
" Are You sure they used diferent cross members and not diferent length drive=
" shafts?

they might've used different driveshafts but they definitely had
different crossmembers.

" From: "Jeff Reeves" <amcnut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" And, good luck finding a six-cylinder crossmember for an Ambassador. You'll have to find a fleet el-strippo car to find that.

my '67 marlin had a 6, and at the 4seasons amc/rc concours the only
'67 to show up also had a 6.  true, this doesn't say how common ambo
sixes are.