[AMC-list] A Great AMC Day: Richmond VA 2009-08-07

[AMC-list] A Great AMC Day: Richmond VA 2009-08-07

So the air was balmy and in the mid-seventies, just the way I like it.  Blue sky, birds chiping, annoying dog next door barking at my every move, the kids busy playing with the chickens and the sandbox...  So natch I broke out the tool box to spend the morning tracking down electrical issues on my 65 Rambler American 330 wagon.  None of the front end lights were working.  I had juice at the bullet connectors inside the engine compartment, just no joy at the lights themselves.

As usual the 232 fired up without hesitation, I backed it out of the garage, and started taking connectors apart.

After several hours of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and re-assembly of all components, everything now works as it should.  A Dremel tool sure can be useful for cleaniong up electrical connectors when on low speed and using a skinny grinder or 1/2" wire brush.

Then, it was over to the 79 Spirit 232 3 spd floor shift.  I installed L & R outside mirrors.  Suprisingly, they look decent, and they don't feel as chintzy as just about every other aftermarket car mirror I've ever seen.  Amazingly, they hold their position when you slam the door shut.  For $16 or so per pair from Advance Auto, I think I'm happy with them.

Both cars took a couple of steps closer to being ready for the street today.

***************************************

Now, a question.  Have any of you used those drop-in replacement HID lights on your AMC?  If so:

Do you like how they look on your car?

Do they work well (ie, reliable, provide good lighting)?

Do you have a source that's reasonable that you prefer?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

MARC MONTONI
Richmond VA
http://FreeVirginia.blogspot.com/
Freedom.  Responsibility.  www.LP.org
Cu vi parolas Esperanton?
I'd rather push a Rambler than drive a Toyota.
Visit www.AMCRC.com or www.AMONational.com .
http://RichmondRambler.tripod.com/
http://Hasdrubal.tripod.com/Index.htm