Re: [AMC-list] Matador / Ambassador drive shaft length + options

The AW4 I have to put in my '82 Spirit is longer than the 998 that will be coming out. Unless that is a 4wd version AW4, it should be longer too! The 4x4 version has no spot for the speedometer to go (it goes into the tcase)

From: Frank Swygert
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Matador / Ambassador drive shaft length +
	options
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Same shaft. The Ambassador had a longer wheelbase, but all between firewall and front wheel centerline. The engine still sits in the same place as it does in the Matador. You'll have to get a shaft made. Won't cost much more than getting different ends put on one. The Cherokee shaft is probably too short also.

---------
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:23:33 -0400
From: Doug Dornbos

I am swapping a AW4 transmission into my Matador and it's shorter than
the 904 so I am considering options on the drive shaft.

Is a 4-door Ambassador's drive shaft longer than a 4-door Matador's?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"