Re: [AMC-list] Hornet suspension rebuild questions

Since you can get good MOOG strut rod bushings, I'd pass on the bushing eliminator. It really doesn't help the suspension. The only tangible benefit is more clearance for headers, if you run them. It might allow the suspension to react a little quicker, but I don't think it would be noticeable. It's not like the difference between poly and rubber strut rod bushings.
----------
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 21:17:19 -0400
From: "Rocky Lear" <lear31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm going to do a front suspension rebuild on my 71 Hornet. Does anyone make a greaseable ball joints for these cars? Are old stock MOOG parts best or does someone else make joints that are just as good? Also, a while back someone was selling a strut bar replacement kit that eliminates the strut rod bushings in the back. Now there are none up on ebay. Does anyone have any feedback on this setup?

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts