Re: [AMC-list] Pin in, Pin Out...Volts in, Volts Out.. Ummmm...I am lis

Re: [AMC-list] Pin in, Pin Out...Volts in, Volts Out.. Ummmm...I am listening.

I apologize that my earier post wasn't all that helpful but your email with the problems on the truck caught me in a weak moment.

You'll probably need to back-probe the connectors in the normal operating condition, or whatever state of run/ignition-on is specified in the service manual for your truck in order to get readings with the connectors actually "connected".  I would move each connector around some while you are checking voltages to see if you can discover an intermittent condition too.

I know this is reaching some but.....If there is a technical school near you (a good one) with an autoshop class and an experienced instructor, you might offer to let them use your truck in class if they promise to fix it.  There's a website which features such projects and real head-scratcher problems like yours and how they solve them.  Do a google search on "motor age garage" if you are interested.

Just trying to be helpful for a change.

Joe Fulton