Re: [AMC-list] Phew! That's a relief (sweet smell, dry plugs)

Re: [AMC-list] Phew! That's a relief (sweet smell, dry plugs)

What lb cap are you running?
It's a cheater fix, but I have had good results running as little as 7lb caps when I have had seepage problems with old radiators.
In you area in summer, eh, maybe not.
But...I thought I'd throw it out there.
If, you have a higher lb cap and use the stop leak sometimes the pressure can force it through.
The 7lb will not push on the stop leak as much!
Make double, triple sure you have the heater core valve closed if you can!
Don't really need the heater core getting plugged with stopleak!
Remember too much stopleak = stopped up cores!

if it is just seeping at the neck, you may be best to run it by that rad shop!

How's your boy doing?

Tell him to hang in there, it takes while to get back on ones feet after this kind of stuff!

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.