Re: [AMC-list] oil coming out of

just my $.02 but on engines i have built, people wailed on them to hard to
soon. as in before the rings were properly seated or "broke in", causing
excess blow by. i saw you said it was a fresh rebuild. how many miles have
been put on the fresh motor, and how hard? was this the first time you took
it over 5000 rpms? it may need more time to seat the rings. i usually run one
vent on the right valve cover, usually the right. on older motors that didnt
have pcv, i put the pcv on the left. (what ever is easier access to the air
filter, as you want CLEAN air going into the motor)just sounds to me like you
are having to much blow by. it is not usually unburnt fuel/air mixture as i
have found. but pressure from the combustion, and the rings not sealing
properly. old wore out engines, or new ones not yet broke in, and the
pressure is easier to go around the rings rather than push the piston. but on
ocasion, you can get unburnt fuel into the crank case. thats bad juju. check
you pcv valve for proper operation, and make sure you have adequet fresh air
entering the crank case. just my 'speriences.
dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules