Re: [AMC-list] Chinese Hummers

A copywrighted newsletter to which I subscribe indicated that the Chinese construction company bought the Hummer franchise from GM for $500 million cash (though that price has not been confirmed).  That company financed it themselves.  They did not borrow a cent from the Chinese government or anyone else.  They plan to export the majority of the cars to China.  If Americans quit buying them, it would be a good thing, although it will be a foreign owned company, they will be producing a product for export.  Not a good thing for the existing Hummer dealers, but good for our balance of payments.

Joe Fulton