Re: [AMC-list] Does anyone need a good Concord Wagon body near SW MO?

Re: [AMC-list] Does anyone need a good Concord Wagon body near SW MO?

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" The W code was still weak, X code was a step up and Z code was a Tremec replacement.

iirc the fms 7003z came out before the transfer to tremec.  definitely
for a time it had a 330 ft-lb ratings, but now it's 300.  new factory?
tremec is mexico-based; warner is/was based in muncie in ['gear city'
with gm's muncie gear works across town!].

the x was 325 ft-lbs. the original a-code was 305.

warner sold essentially the same units directly under other codes, and
also variants with 0.80 5th instead of 0.63.

all have 2.95 1st, but there was briefly a 'mustang cobra' variant
with 3.35 1st and 0.68 5th like stock 5.0s, iirc rated 330 like the x.

stock 5.0 t5s were 265 to '89, 300 '90-up.  '94-5 have a ~5/8" longer
input shaft.

'94-'00 3.8 t5s have the long input, 3.35 1st, 0.73 5th, and 265
ft-lbs rating.

according to the '05 fms cat, any stock '85-'93 box can be uprated to
325 with:
m-7017-b	x-code input
m-7100-d	1st
m-7102-x	2nd
m-7113-x	cluster
m-7340-x	3rd
note - 2.95 1st, as in x box.  in addition there are hd 5th
e5zz-7144-a	drive
e5zz-7k316-b	driven
0.63 ratio, i assume.  i'd like to know what the warner 0.80 p/n was.
btw iirc the 0.80 5th turns into 0.92 on a 3.35 cluster.

i suspect the z has later-style low drag roller bearings and synchros.

the non-wc amc t5s are rated iirc only 220 ft-lbs, with 4.03 1st.

" From: Wrambler
"
" I can say that the ft lb rating on the early T5 is the SAME up untill 1988 or 89ish.
" 265 ftlb. If, and big if, the T5 is good and you run gear lube in it,
" (I run only Redline or Mobil one in mine), it will hold up to judicious
" use. The idea that the "world class" T5 became instantly stronger is
" incorrect! They worked on shifting issues and changed things to go to
" ATF type lube. the first generation of World class trans actually broke
" just as often in the fords! To get a stronger transe you have to look for
" the motorsport of about 89-90 up units.  If anyone doubts my word go to
" some of the T5 sites and research it yourself. There are some sites that
" state all world class units are stronger, but the majority of places state
" the actual LOWER torque rating.
"
"   Do not power shift it or beat it into and out of gear and it will do fine.
" If it is broken I would like to buy it !!!
"
" I need some things from an AMC T5.
"
" Mark Price