Re: [AMC-list] Bolts

There should be 2 washers under each bolt head. A flat washer (goes against the bell) and a lock washer (between flat washer and bolt head).

Also, the parts book lists 3 different bolt lengths but doesn't call out which one you'll need:

2 1/4" (3/3" - 16 thread)
2 3/4" (7/16" - 14 thread)
2 3/16" (this one has an AMC part number so no specs)

It looks like there was a change in 69 to go from the 2 1/4" to the 2 3/16" length bolt but I didn't see any notes about when or why there was a change.

It's important to use the correct length bolt or you will not get enough thread engagement and you could strip bolts threads.

These bolts (and washers) should be grade 5.

Matt

On 5/29/2009 9:37 PM, Armand Eshleman spouted this sage advice:
Scott,

3/8 x 2 NC with a washer. AMC used a specific bolt made for the bellhousing
to block connection, but I think you could get by with the above bolt size.
Just make sure you buy quality bolts and not the bulk farm type bolts.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Selleh" <vnm.venom@xxxxxxxxx>