Re: [AMC-list] Exhaust pipe gasket help needed

Re: [AMC-list] Exhaust pipe gasket help needed

Unfortunately, that ball end is unique, and I don't think an ordinary
muffler shop today can make one. When I had an exhaust put on my 63
american, the shop welded pipe directly to the bolt on flange! I didn't
think to say anything beforehand and I didn't notice for a couple of months
afterwards. (I'll never use that shop again.)

The hole in the cast manifold has a deep bevel that the ball end sits in.
Some later AMC sixes have the opposite, a cone at the end, so that the
muffler shop just flares a pipe end, and the flange holds it on. A much
better system.

Not sure what a solution for the 195.6 is, but it will be custom made.

Possibly, NAPA sells ball end exhaust stubs. They sell flared stubs. Then
the shop could weld one on.

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.