Re: [AMC-list] Exhaust pipe gasket help needed

There is no gasket. The "ball" end of the head pipe just tightens up into the tapered "socket" on the end of the manifold. There is no gasket between the manifold and head either. If you've had leaking problems between the head and manifold, have the manifold surfaced.
--------
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:32:33 -0400
From: mask1966@xxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] Exhaust pipe gasket help needed

I know many of you with early 60's Ramblers with the 196 OHV engine have experience removing/installing the exhaust system.? I need to do it too, but I need to know what kind of gasket/donut goes between the manifold and the exhaust pipe flange.? I don't want to take it apart without having the new one on hand.? My search of NAPA came up with the gasket shown in the link below.? Is that the right part and if not, what is the right piece?? Thanks for your help.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts