Re: [AMC-list] Marlin question

ALL big cars with 232 or larger engine got the AMC 20 rear. There were a few economy models of the 67 Rebel that got a 199 and AMC 15, but I've never seen one. I don't recall the production numbers, but it was less than 1000 IIRC, and 67 only. Might have been a special fleet order? Anything with a 195.6 had the AMC 15, and that was the only six prior to late 64. About the Marlin being a "halo" car... Apparently it took dealers a year or two to figure out what it was -- or could be. You'll find a lot of plain-Jane 65 Marlins, few 66-67. It was more of a personal sport/luxury car like the Monte Carlo and Grand Prix, only the Monte wasn't out yet and the Grand Prix was built on the big Catalina body (really just a sport/luxury two door version, but had different grille, IIRC).

----------
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 02:12:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>

I talked to a guy today about his AMC: 65 Marlin. Its nicely optioned but no PS. It has PDB, 232-2v, twin stick and Posi (not sure if it is a 15 or 20, he didn't know how to check). He is coming over on Sunday to get some parts I have for it and he was wondering just how rare of a beast he has.
The guy has been around AMCs though not heavily, so he talked reasonably about his fish. I am just not sure about how rare his car is, any input out there.......Russ

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts