Re: [AMC-list] Marlin question

" From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I talked to a guy today about his AMC: 65 Marlin. Its nicely optioned
" but no PS. It has PDB, 232-2v, twin stick and Posi (not sure if it is
" a 15 or 20, he didn't know how to check). He is coming over on Sunday
" to get some parts I have for it and he was wondering just how rare of
" a beast he has.
" The guy has been around AMCs though not heavily, so he talked
" reasonably about his fish. I am just not sure about how rare his car
" is, any input out there.......Russ

the marlin was something of a 'halo' car so i'd guess most were pretty
well optioned.  there are plain ones out there; my '67 had ps and auto
and a six like his, and i heard of another years ago in az, white, six,
and 3sp+o/d.

the rear is easy to check.  the 20 has a smooth dome cover with iirc
12 bolts; the 15 has the more familiar lumpy shape with iirc 10 bolts.
there's no mistaking the 20; there's nothing else like it.

the '67 marlin was based on the ambo and they all got 20s; the '65-6
was based on the classic and i'm not sure about them.