Re: [AMC-list] I Need To Know If I Am Going Blind, Senile Or Just Loosin

Re: [AMC-list] I Need To Know If I Am Going Blind, Senile Or Just Loosing My Mind

" From: "Mr. AMC" <amc74hornet@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Just now while watching the Now called Coke 600 (Previous the World
" 600) in it's Monday rain delay I am positive I saw a Troyjota Cameray
" as the pace car twice. If so I am deeply insulted as an American Viet
" Nam era war veteran. Coke is an American icon and I am sorry if I am
" not politically correct but even though made here Troygota's are not
" an American CAR!!! You would think NASCAR would show case a Mustang,
" Dodge Challenger or a Camaro as car from the last 3 surviving American
" car builders as a pace car before they are all lost on a holiday that
" American Veterans and heir lost brethren are honored. You can flame
" me ban me but as an American this is my 2 cents. I will E-Mail NASCAR
" with my displeasure and Dave Disphain's show too. Sorry if I offended
" anybody. Opinions welcome. What's it going to be a "Fix It Again Tony"
" (Fiat) as next years whatever pace car? By the way I turned the race
" off.
" "Doc"

yes, toyota is a foreign based corporation, but it is one of life's
little ironies that of the 4 models nascar's car of today is supposed
to represent ONLY THE CAMRY is actually made in the united states.
neither ford, chrysler, nor gm employ u.s. auto workers to make their
models.  one could thus argue that they were -not- american cars, if
by that you assume that 'american' is synonymous with 'united states'.
does that not count for anything in your mind?

i might add that, despite looking over toyota's shoulder for 2 decades
in cooperative factory ownership/management [more than just the
fremont ca plant, apparently], gm still can't make cars as long lived
and trouble free as toyota can.  you probably don't like it - i'm not
entirely sure i like it - but toyota became the world's largest car
company for a good reason, while at the same time gm pissed away their
position as the world's leader.