From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Joe Fulton
Sent: Tuesday, 26 May 2009 9:08 AM
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AMC-list] 64 Classic engine swap Frank, Tom?

Some previous owner of my 64 Classic swapped a 232 into it instead of the
195.6 it came with.  The engine mounts are suppored by a piece of 2x4
channel steel on each side.  For some reason, the P.O. felt the need to
modify one of the transmission shift rods (T96 tranny).  He welded an
extension onto one of the rods (2-3 rod I think).  The other rod is not
modified. I'm just curious about why he would have done it.  Did the
geometry of the shifter versus the tranny change that much?

Reluctantly I'll be pulling the tranny because I can't get it to shift
cleanly on the 2-3 rod.  There might be loose parts in the tranny blocking
the action.  Clutch is screwed up too.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA
07:09:00