Re: [AMC-list] Column Shifter for 64 Classic Needed

Re: [AMC-list] Column Shifter for 64 Classic Needed

A little update.  I checked the shifter linkage more closely and did some reading this afternoon.  The 62 Classic shifter offered to me would work, but I'll wait before I say that I need it.  The transmission shifts very "murky" not crisp.  I have another T-95/overdrive tranny in storage that shifts much more crisply.  I also found out that the previous owner lost the ball bearing which the throwout fork rides on.  As above I have another complete tranny assembly with bellhousing and throwout bearing and lever which I can swap into the car.  All the more reason to keep it.  I thank Scott for his offer to take it off my hands though.

Joe Fulton