From: "russ hathaway" <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 4:43:09 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Subject: Re:

Frank; I am from So Cal originally (aren't all Oregonians) but that has nothing to do with the SC badge. Years ago, in the year B.C. (Before Computers), when we used to have this type of discussion but hunkered over the fender, tractor or where ever, the subject came up of what the SC stood for.
Back then you could see the Scramblers being driven on the street and someone told me it stood for So Cal. I didn't know, I still don't know, you don't know and no one else knows. We are all just tossing in our two cents worth. I had also heard that it was for the class in NHRA that it would run, I heard Super Car, I have heard it all. But since no one brought up the So Cal angle, there it is.
Maybe it means nothing, it was just some PR guy having a case of the giggles and tossed around  some letters. After all, what do half the car names actually mean......Russ