>From what I have read about an inch higher will give a better center of gravity for launch. Don't expect me to be able to explain this well, but it is reported by Peirre Bouchamp (SP?) I hope I got the name right! He says this works well.

I'd not use stock leaves  at all, they are narrow, only 1 1/2 or 1 3/4" wide.  Any wheel hop at all and you will total them.
I'd measure them to tell you what a stock pack is in length but I am unable to do ANYTHING right now.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.

----- Original Message -----
From: krausseakrauss@xxxxxxx
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Kingquad409@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2009 12:24:11 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [AMC-list] Rear leaf springs

Hey everyone, I'm in the need for new rear leaf springs for my 69 american, J.C. Whittney has some on sale for $122.00, but they only list for 75-76 pacer will these be something close . I am redoing the entire rearend set up , with a ford 9" and tubbing it. but wanted something close to the original length... I see that Kanter Auto has them listed in their catalog for $540.00 but thats a little steep for me right now. My friend bought a set from J.C. for his nova and they are nice product but are? 6" longer then the American?spring? any ideas ???