Re: [AMC-list] An SC/Rambler Question

OK, There is a very obscure reference to "SST" in the 1967 AMC factory literature under the Rebel section which says "SST" stands for Super Sport Touring . I believe 1967 was the first use of an SST model designation for AMCs . I'm not sure off the top of my head what was the last , but AMC seems have used it on most of the car lines except Gremlin and AMX for a good 10 years or so. As for the SC on the SC/Rambler I always thought it stood for Sport Car or Sport Coupe. I'd go with sport car myself , but I don't think AMC ever really said any place what it meant , just a cleaver play on words and a good marketing name. LRDaum

Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 23:34:42 -0500
From: Jock J JocewJ Jocewicz <namdra@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] An SC/Rambler Question
To: martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  I hope Davis meant Super Coupe, not Super Coup. Chicken Coup??  But
really all Doc is doing is opening up a can of worms because you will get
10's of answers on what SC, SST, etc. mean. For my preference I would
prefer Super Car for the SC/Rambler because it was a super car!!!!

On Fri, 15 May 2009 14:57:09 -0700 (PDT) Davis Martin
<martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Doc,
>  SC Super Coup
>  SST Super Street
>
> --- On Fri, 5/15/09, Mr. AMC <amc74hornet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 ...snip...
> does SST
> stand for? These are questions that have never crossed my mind. Any
> help would
> be appreciated.
> "Doc"

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  namdra1@xxxxxxx or
NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
'09 AMC NATIONALS - Sep. 10-12. 2009 - Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766