Re: [AMC-list] t96/od questions

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 16:51, <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> so, i got some paint on casper. still got to wet sand, smooth it all out
> and
> get the pearl clear on.

Cool! Can't wait for pics!

> i dont think there is any difference in the
> al/ci flywheel is there? also is there a specific index point the flywheel
> needs to be at on the crank?

Shoudl be no diff... One of the flywheel holes is off-angle, so it only goes
on one way.

> what about the pressure plate. some i know are
> ballanced, and must be put back on the same way.

Nope,not the rambler!

> y. does anyone know what amperage of a
> flat blade fuse will be reccomended for the sollenoid/governer? and also,
> the
> relay is SHOT on the donor, so can i use one of those small, modern sealed
> square relays that a lot of guys use for the headlights?

The 62 TSM says the fuse on the relay is 15 amps. Sure, use one of those
Bosch type relays! The OD relay is a single contact, normally-open. Just pay
attention to some of those Bosch types, they have a diode in them to
suppress radio noise and the polarity has to be right. The arrow of the
diode poitns to "+".

> can i by pass the coil shortout and all and just have the solenoid/governor
> to a switch on the dash somewhere i can just hit once im on the highway and
> want it? i dont know how that will affect my accell coil. if it wont hurt
> it
> none, i wont worry about it i guess.

Shorting the coil won't ever hurt it, no worries there -- fact, it does the
same thing that the points do, ground coil "-" to ground.

The coil could get too hot if you leave the ignition on and points closed
for "a long time" (minutes). The OD relay wouldhave to refuse to drop out
for "a long time" to get the coil hot.

(Actually it happened to me in 1988 in my Classic wagon that originally had
the t96+OD. OD stuck for probably no more than 2 seconds, long enough to
fill the exhaust system with fuel+air. When it finally did drop out, and
spark restored, BLAMMO! blew the end out of the muffler!!)

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.