From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rambler AMC, Nash, Jeep and family" <Amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 8, 2009 11:00:58 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [AMC-list] Scrubbing, scrubbing, scrubbing, ...

Well, the car starts and runs and drives around again. I need to check
the torque on the head again - as I've only put 20 to 30 miles on it
since putting the head back on. The valves are reminding me they need
adjusting. And I ought to check the timing.

But, BUT - there is a cruise in tomorrow at the Wendies next to the
Publix grocery store I shop at. I've been shopping there 10 years, and
every second Saturday from April through something or other there is a
cruise-in and car show from 5:00 until whatever.

My honey-do list is pretty huge tomorrow. But I do wander over to the
grocery store four times a week or so - so there is no reason not to
wander to Publix tomorrow around 4:30ish. No reason not to drive the
Rambler. Heck, if I drive it - I ought to bring the TSM, the '65
Owner's Manual, the June Hemmings issue - and maybe Pat Foster's AMC
book.

I wandered out after dinner and scrubbed for the past four hours. It
looks pretty good! Well, however good anything looks close to 11 at
night under poor lights with eyes fueled by Miller's. Even if I don't
show the car - there's no reason not to drive it over and hang out for
a bit. Mulling it over in my head. Giving it thought.