Re: [AMC-list] "that Rambler magazine!"

" From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" On the next page another AMCer says that there were five transmissions
" available for the (early) American. I count three, and only if T-96 and
" T-96+OD are different, plus the Flash-O-Matic. Any idea what the other
" options could be?
"
" And for torque tube cars with sixes, as far as I know it's the same three
" transmission options, only; BW auto, T-96 with and without OD. Are there
" others I don't know about?

at first the auto was the iron warner; then the aluminum was
introduced.  add t86 [hd opt] to make 5?  dunno if it was avail on
early americans.

" I know for v8 tt's there's T-87 or is it T-86 w or w/o OD, T-10 (Marlin,
" rare), the big BW auto... but those don't fit in the six.

the t86/t87/t90 are variants in a family.  the t86 was used with 287s
[and 290s], and hd with sixes.

there was also the t85/t89, used with 327s, and 4sp descendant t10.

like sixes, 287s first used iron warners, then aluminum ones.
327s always had iron autos.