Re: [AMC-list] Car is running, turn key off, take out of ignition - sti

Re: [AMC-list] Car is running, turn key off, take out of ignition - still running

Bill rules! Bill also has a '65 American with a Napa ballast resistor.
His also has a new voltage regulator and a rebuilt starter. In Bill's
picture, the mechanic bypassed the ballast resistor for the yellow
wire.

So, I disconnected the yellow wire from the ballast resistor. I
disconnected the red wire from the Pertronix. I connected the red wire
to a lead running to the yellow wire.

The engine starts up. It turns off. It idles well. I need to go back
out in the sunlight and do a clean job of it - but that was the trick.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and pictures. I appreciate it.